With the Hokkaido Expressway Pass, enjoy unlimited use of Hokkaido’s expressways, for one fixed price!
Be sure to rent the Hokkaido Expressway Pass together with your vehicle.
- Hokkaido Expressway Pass may only be used by visitors to Japan who have foreign nationality.
In order to use the pass, you must present documentation such as a non-Japanese passport.
- ∗ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) is a system that enables the payment of expressway tolls without having to stop, by means of wireless communication between an antenna located at the toll booth, and the ETC card (IC card) inserted into the card holder in your vehicle.
①Fixed price for peace of mind!
Peace of mind, as no matter how far you travel by expressway in Hokkaido, the price is fixed.
②No need to Speak or Read Japanese!
When you use ETC, there’s no need to come to a complete stop at toll booths. And you need not worry about communication in Japanese.
- ∗Please pass through the ETC gate at no more than 20 km/h.
- Please see How to Safely Use ETC.
③Save more time!
Hokkaido is huge! It’s about 300 km from New Chitose Airport to Hakodate, and about 450 km to Shiretoko. By using the expressways, travelling times can be shortened.!
Prices until March 2017
- ∗The rental charges for the vehicle and ETC card are not included.
- ∗The period of use cannot be extended midway.
- ∗Only valid for vehicles classified as “ordinary passenger cars” according to expressway policies.
For example – Normal expressway toll (Ordinary Passenger Car)
New Chitose Airport → Sapporo Station (via Sapporo Kita IC): One Way ¥1,410 (46.9 km)
New Chitose Airport → Otaru: One Way ¥2,220 (77.6 km)
New Chitose Airport → Asahikawa (via Asahikawa Takasu IC): One Way ¥4,730 (164.6 km)
New Chitose Airport → Hakodate (via Onuma Koen IC): One Way ¥5,430 (223.1 km)
- ∗Normal tolls on expressways in Hokkaido are calculated at approximately 25 yen per kilometer, plus a 150 yen terminal charge (may differ on sections in central Sapporo and other areas).
- Standard Expressway Toll Chart (962 kB)
How to use
Please cooperate by answering a questionnaire after using the Pass.
Companies offering the service
For a list of participating offices, please click here.