＊Please pass through an ETC lane at 20 km/h or less.
The Japan Expressway Pass is a special service that allows unlimited use of Japan expressways through the ETC system at a flat rate!
Please rent a designated ETC* card with a vehicle.
- Japan Expressway Pass may only be used by visitors to Japan who have foreign nationality.
In order to use the pass, you must present documentation such as a non-Japanese passport.
- ※ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) is a system that enables the payment of expressway tolls without having to stop, by means of wireless communication between an antenna located at the toll booth, and the ETC card (IC card) inserted into the card holder in your vehicle.
October 13, 2017
Note that the Japan Expressway Pass pass cannot be used for expressways in Hokkaido, Sky Gate Bridge tolls (100 yen per round trip),
Kanmon Tunnel, Daini Shinmei Road, Shuto Expressway,Hanshin Expressway, or expressways operated by the Honshu-Shikoku Bridge Expressway Co. or expressway public corporations.
However, it can be used on Sanriku Expressway (Sendai?Matsushima Road), Kyoto Jukan Expressway, and Bantan Road, operated by expressway public corporations.
①Fixed price for peace of mind!
Peace of mind, as no matter how far you travel by expressway in Japan, the price is fixed.
②No need to Speak or Read Japanese!
When you use ETC, there’s no need to come to a complete stop at toll booths. And you need not worry about communication in Japanese.
- ?Please pass through the ETC gate at no more than 20 km/h.
- Please seeHow to Safely Use ETC.
③Save more time!
By using the expressways, travelling times can be shortened!
However, Japanese citizens who have permanent residency in another country are also eligible (provided that he/she has a driver’s license acceptable in Japan). At the time of application, we will ask you to present your passport or a document that proves compliance with the conditions specified above, as well as a driver’s license.
|Consecutive Days||Price(yen)||(Reference)Per Day(yen)|
- ?The rental charges for the vehicle and ETC card are not included.
- ?The period of use cannot be extended midway.
- ?Only valid for vehicles classified as “ordinary vehicles” according to expressway policies.
For example ? Normal expressway toll (Ordinary vehicles)
Narita Airport → Chusonji Temple ( via Hiraizumi-Maesawa IC) One Way ¥10,360（438.1km）
Narita Airport → Kenrokuen ( via Kanazawa-nishi IC) One Way ¥12,970（563.6km）
Narita Airport → Matsumoto Castle ( via Matsumoto IC) One Way ¥8,100（341.2km）
Narita Airport → Mount Fuji ( via Kawaguchiko IC) One Way ¥5,810（227.2km）
Narita Airport → Kinkakuji ( via Kyoto-minami IC) One Way ¥13,120（606.7km）
Check with yourlocal car-rental dealerfor details, using the website below.
You may not be able to return your rented car at the dealer of your choice when using the Japan Expressway Pass (Japan Expressway Pass) system.
Be sure to double-check before renting!
There are no problems when you return it to the same place you rented it, though.
Reserve the car and expressway electronic toll collection (ETC) card for use with your Japan Expressway Pass pass.
The Japan Expressway Pass pass can only be used with regular-sized passenger cars (“ordinary vehicles”).
Ask the dealer for information on what types of cars are available.
Complete the Japan Expressway Pass application on the day you rent the car. The dealer will explain the system and agreement.
The rental and Japan Expressway Pass fees are payable in advance.
Pick up your car-rental, and the ETC card needed to use Japan Expressway Pass pricing.
And you’re off!
Return the car-rental and ETC card, and pay any additional toll fees assessed that were not covered by the Japan Expressway Pass system.
- Ask your car-rental dealer or NEXCO for additional information.
①East Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd. Customer Service Center:
0570-024-024 (toll call) or 03-5338-7524 (toll call)
②Central Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd. Customer Service Center:
0120-922-229 (toll free) or 052-223-0333 (toll call)
③West Nippon Expressway Co., Ltd. Customer Service Center:
0120-924-863 (toll free) or 06-6876-9031 (toll call)
The Japan Expressway Pass pass cannot be used in the following cases:
●Unsupported areas or roadways
Note that the Japan Expressway Pass pass cannot be used for expressways in Hokkaido, Sky Gate Bridge tolls (100 yen per round trip), Kanmon Tunnel, Daini Shinmei Road, Shuto Expressway, Hanshin Expressway, or expressways operated by the Honshu-Shikoku Bridge Expressway Co. or expressway public corporations.
However, it can be used on Sanriku Expressway (Sendai?Matsushima Road), Kyoto Jukan Expressway, and Bantan Road, operated by expressway public corporations. ●Periods outside the contracted time period.
- Please read the user agreement, ETC system manual, and other information, and agree with the terms and conditions given.
- Tollbooth displays will show the regular tolls, but you will not be charged as long as the Japan Expressway Pass coverage conditions are met.
- No refund can be made even if the total amount of tolls paid with the Japan Expressway Pass pass is less than the Japan Expressway Pass purchase price.
- During the winter season always check roadway conditions before use, and rent a car with studless tires as appropriate.